This tutorial explains about different modes supported interface. It introduces you to when and why these modes will be used. It also explain how to do the configuration.
To help meet customer requirement SKYVVA is committing to provide a different mode which supported for inbound interface. With the varieties of modes you can integrate all kinds of data into salesforce. This tutorial enable you to know the way to use and why you need these modes. You can integrate data in different modes including Synchronous, Batch Processing, Bulk Processing(SKYVVA Bulk and SFDC Bulk).
2. SKYVVA mode explanation
As for this section, you will be understand each modes functionality. All SKYVVA modes processing are working differently. In this tutorial, we’ll discuss when and why these modes use.
Synchronous mode is called when integrate then create real time message along with posting each objects. You can use this mode when you want to integrate a small amount of data.
The configuring of Synchronous
To get the better understanding of the Synchronous mode, you first need to know how to configure the posting behavior. The following screen shot below show the way to configure this mode.
Enter interface detail page and scroll down to Runtime Configuration-Inbound section then click on Inbound Posting Behavior picklist to select immediately.
Integrate from other system
Assuming you already have created interface since this part will be focus on integrate from Agent as an example. To integrate from Agent, please run Agent-UI and more steps as following:
After running the Agent-UI, the Integration Control Board will popup then you have
to click on Integration Wizard
– Select the existing integration and interface
– After selecting the interface you will be land on Interface Source Definition a place where you can configuring the adapter. To create adapter please click on this link (How to create adapter in Agent). After creating the adapter, you can test the Query to see the data and then save it.
To be able to integrate your data you can either process them manually or use the
scheduler. This section will show how to do scheduler.
– Go back to Agent Control Board and then select
– Select the name of Integration and interface along with Integration Mode then turn
on the schedule and choose the time you want to run.
– Enter Salesforce and go to Message Monitoring Board to check the result
2.2 Batch Processing
Batch Processing is one of important mode in SKYVVA, which enable you to integrate your data into Salesforce. Batch processing uses for running batch job. It has more capability than synchronous and you can check job monitoring. The Records have more than 200 but less than 5000, so we use with batch processing. It can store many records in one batch, and you can set time interval in batch processing scheduler of SKYVVA to run anytime that you want.
The configuration of Batch Processing
To learn how to configure batch-processing mode, see the screenshot below:
To integrate from other system
As an example, this tutorial portray the integration from Agent to Salesforce. However, the process of integration is similar to Synchronous. Please kindly check out content 2.1.2 if you want to know how to integrate from Agent.
To check result
All the data, which you had integrated, are storing in Working Baskets. If you want to process them, you can set the schedule to run or manually process them.
This step is showing you how to set the schedule to run the attachments. To set schedule
you can select on Scheduler Tab and set the time as your desire.
The final step is to monitor the message in Message Monitoring Board.
Bulk Processing uses for running attachment as batch too. It has more ability than synchronous, batch and running with huge records at high speed. The Records have more than 5000, so you use with bulk processing. It can contain many records in an attachment, and you can set time interval in bulk processing scheduler of SKYVVA or Agent Scheduler to run anytime that you want. However, there are two options of bulk processing which is including SKYVVA bulk and SFDC bulk. The following section will be explain more detail about these two modes.
Before configuring Bulk Interface Processing, you have to know about the parameters:
- BULK Mode: Check this flag if you want to run interface in a bulk mode using Salesforce BULK API.
- Bulk Version: We support SFDC pure bulk mode in version 1.0 or 2.0. Then we haveour own SKYVVA bulk mode. This use SKYVVA workflow and mapping and thus are more powerful but slower than the pure bulk api technique from Salesforce. This one is SKYVVA own bulk mode.
- Bulk Processing Mode: This field indicates the two-mode, which is support with bulk
version 1.0. With bulk, version 2.0 only parallel mode is supported. Therefore, the value here depends on the selection of the field bulk version e.g. when we want to use ‘Serial’ then we need to choose ‘Bulk V 1.0’. There are two modes which are:
1. Parallel: When you select this processing mode, it will run parallel.
2. Serial: When you select this mode, it will not run at the same time.
- Bulk Package Size: This parameter determine how many records is splitted into Bulk data size. If your Message contain 10.000 records and the value for this parameter is 1000 so you will get 10 bulk data set in Salesforce.
- Bulk Monitor Keep Size: The number of bulk execute logs to be keep.
- Bulk Sch Frequency: This is the schedule time frequency for bulk scheduler on interface.
- Bulk Integrate Time Interval (minute): The interval (minutes) used for integrate bulk job scheduler. For example, if its value is 10, then the integrate bulk scheduler will be run every 10 minutes.
SKYVVA Bulk is slow but very powerful, it allows you to do business mapping using our mapping tool and formula. Likewise, you can use SKYVVA workflow to validate the data before posting. You can use SKYVVA Bulk mode with both Bulk-processing mode, which are Parallel and Serial. The default value is Serial.
The configuration of SKYVVA bulk version
To be able to use SKYVVA bulk mode you have to enter Interface page detail and scroll down to Streaming and Bulk API Configuration section then checkbox on BULK Mode along with choosing Bulk Version.
To integrate from other system
As an example, this tutorial portray the integration from Agent to Salesforce. However, the process of integration is similar to Synchronous.
To monitor the result
Enter Bulk Control Board to check the attachments. To understand how to use Bulk Control
Board please check this link: “How to use Bulk Control Board”.
This step is showing you how to set the schedule to run the attachments. To set schedule you can follow this tutorial (Overview of SKYVVA Scheduler).
We support SFDC pure bulk mode in version 1.0 or 2.0 that is very fast but cannot use SKYVVA mapping tool to do business data mapping. On the other hand, SFDC Bulk require the data has to be mapped already on the sender side and doing additional mapping to enrich the business logic is not possible using SKYVVA mapping. This mode will work with both processing mode, Parallel and Serial, for version 1.0. Version 2.0, you cannot selectthe processing mode and only Serial mode processing is available.
The configuration of SFDC bulk version
To be able to use SFDC bulk version you have to enter Interface page detail and scroll down to Streaming and Bulk API Configuration section then checkbox on BULK Mode along with choosing Bulk Version. Select the version you want to use. The following example is about SFDC Bulk API 1.0, which work fine with both mode processing.
When you check this flag, it mean you activate the bulk processing and your data will be integrate from Agent
Note: When you do a mapping, you have to use requirement field as external Id otherwise,
this SFDC Bulk will not work.
To integrate from other system
As an example, this tutorial portray the integration from Agent to Salesforce. However, the
process of integration is similar to Synchronous.