After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe what Custom field is .
- Also Can describe foreign key, Tree mapping
- Comfortably use how to link parent interface to its child interface using foreign key and tree mapping.
We can link two different object with each other using foreign key or tree mapping.
What Is Hierarchical Interfaces?
- To arrange interfaces in order means hierarchical interface. It is structure in which interfaces are ranked according to levels of importance.
- In hierarchical Interfaces, one interface is a parent’s of other interface. It means that child interface inherited External ID from its parent’s interface. For example, Account interface is parent’s contact interface because of Contact inherited External ID from Account.
- Also One parent interface can have many child account but child interface has only single parent interface. eg. one Account can store many Contacts, but one Contact can’t store many Accounts.
What is foreign key?
A FOREIGN KEY is a field (custom fields) in one Interface that refers to the PRIMARY KEY . The Interface containing the foreign key is called the child Interface, and the Interface containing the candidate key is called the parent Interface.
How to create Foreign key?
This is also called as object field in account object. Follow the given steps to create object field:
- Go to Set up->Object Manager->Account-> Fields & Relationships->Click New Button.
- Choose the field type: Please tick Text data type and click Next
- Enter the details: Please Field Label: AccountId->Fill Length: 50->Field Name gets Auto->tick External ID->Click Save.
- Establish field-level Security: Please tick visible and click next button.
- Add to page layouts: Click only Save button.
here we get object field on Target Account Salesforce object.
we can create Hierarchical interface in two ways:
- Manually creation of hierarchical interfaces:
- We define manually two interfaces e.g. Account (parent) and Contact (child) and do mapping manually. Here we need to create the chain definition in the parent interface manually. Also in the child interface we need to create the foreign key manually.
2. Tree Mapping:
- By using the “Tree Mapping” capability of Skyvva tool and the parent and child interface are generated automatically. Also the chained interface for the parent interface is generated and also the foreign key for the child interface is generated automatically.
Here we are going to learn tree mapping concept:
Create hierarchical Interface using Tree Mapping:
What is Skyvva tree mapping?
- Enhancement of Skyvva mapping tool to hierarchical tree view and map data of parent/child in one shut.
- A Skyvva tree mapping is a visual method for displaying hierarchical data related to parent interface and child interface.
- Skyvva tree mapping feature is built to reduce the complexity of manual work.
- When we use tree mapping, It automatically generated all setting e.g.
– chained interface
– Foreign Key
– Mapping the fidle Id to special field SKYVVA__PARENTID
Create parent child relationship using tree mapping
- Create Integration -> Go to integration tab -> fill name field -> Save it.
- Create one inbound interface. I,e Account.(Create account interface only, child interface will be automatically created in it )
Follow The given steps:
- Go to Account Interface
- Cross down to Source definition Section->Click choose file button to browse file that want to mapping->choose file->Click Open button->Click button Save.
Your uploaded CSV file structure looks like:
- Go to mapping section -> map all account related Istructure with target account.
- Scroll down the target object to contact -> map the Contact related Istructure
- Select external Id for parent interface -> AccName
- Select external Id for child Interface -> LastName
- Mapping with all field that include Account and Contact with sObject tree and then create foreign key account with Contact.
- Click on the the row where account and contact link (#). It should navigate to following window:
- Click on Ok button. Here your foreign key is created in child interface I,e contact interface.
- Now save this. (If you doesn’t save it, you will lost your all mapping and foreign key creation on contact interface)
- You can check that Ichained Interface is automatically created in account interface(parent interface).
- Go to Related tab
- Scroll page to IChained Interface.
- Foreign key automatically created in child interface I,e contact interface.
- To open contact interface click on Id as shown in picture. It should navigate to:
(Note: Child interface is not display in integration).
Click on related tab -> scroll down page to foreign key section
Load Account data CSV using Manual Load:
Now we have finished our interface setup and go back to our Integration Details Page and click on ‘Manual Load’ link . On the Manual Load page, you will have choose the same file (1) and Upload (2) again.
Go to integration -> Details-> Manual Laod -> Chose Inbound Interface (Active) is Account in Combo box->Choose Data Type is CSV->Click Choose File Button and Browse to choose file->Click Open Button->Click Upload Button.
After you have selected the records click on ‘Push’ Button to upload the data into Salesforce and you get the message that the upload process started. We click on the ‘Message Board’ Button and come to the Message Board.
How to use Message Monitoring?
Below in the ‘Filters’ area you can search for different criteria e.g. Integration Name, Interface Name, Message Status or by Date.
– Integration Name: You can choose which Integration you prefer to see the result
– Interface Name: You can chose which Interface you prefer to see the result
– Message Status:
There are many types of Status, but there are 3 common using types:
– Green Flag = The upload was successful and is Completed
– Red Flag = Failed
– Yellow Flag = Pending
– Yellow Flag = Pending
Note: You can select None if you prefer to see all types of message flags.
Then click on Search.
Finally, you can get Account has relationship with contact like screen shot below. Account Name is TestJohn link with contact JohnKerry01.