After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe what mapping tool is.
- Comfortably use Skyvva mapping tool.
In order to figure out how the data needs to be formatted, or mapped. It must also explain the primary key in source system. SKYVVA’s Mapping tool is a tool to map other system object and field with SFDC object field. A mapping is a collection of key-value pairs where each unique key maps to a single value. SKYVVA´s Free Dataloader is part of the SKYVVA´s Integration Cloud App in which Fields are mapped by a visual editor, data are transformed using a formula editor.
1. What is SKYVVA Mapping Tool?
SKYVVA’s Mapping tool is a tool to map other system object and field with SFDC object field. A mapping is a collection of key-value pairs where each unique key maps to a single value. Here we will map source fields with target object fields. Source fields are nothing but our Istructure. We can create Istructure as:
– Uploading file in source definition
– Using Message type feature.
2. Configuration of SKYVVA Mapping Tool
Here, we will show you how to drag and drop fields to do mapping in Salesforce.
- We start with the account interface and click on the account interface link. Scroll down the Interface page to Source definition section.
- Upload file. This is pre-requisite to do mapping. First you have to Choose File And Save it. Follow the given screenshot as an example:
- After uploading the files you will have to drag any fields from Source and drop it to Target.
- Select an external Id. An External ID field is required to be used for synchronization with external system, so External ID field must be unique in order to avoid duplicate records on each object. It is usually Name, ID or AccountNo.
- when you want to add any formula, Select a check box on Formula at the right as in the picture. Write formula in formula in expression window as:Billing_Street &””&Billing_City &”” & Billing_Country
- Click on Test Formula to see an output. It will be true or failed.
- Save it. (Note: If it is failed, it means that your formula is incorrect.)
In case you forget to save it, all your Data Mapping will be lost.