This tutorial explains what process builder is and how to configure it. It also describes how to execute callout.
1 What is process builder?
Process Builder is a Salesforce’s point-and-click tool that lets you easily automate if/then business processes and see a graphical representation of your process as you build. Every process consists of a trigger, at least one criteria node, and at least one action. You can configure immediate actions or schedule actions to be executed at a specific time. To keep things simple, this unit focuses on the most common process type: Record Change, which mean the process, will start when the records are created or edited.
2 The configuration
This section will be portray the example of how to execute callout and process builder.
To be able to execute callout, you have enter interface page detail and scroll down to Runtime Configuration- Outbound section then check flag “Use Skyvva Outbound Scheduler”.
– If you want to execute callout, the flag could be blank.
– If you want to create CP Record, the flag is required.
Create Change pointer mode:
You can create change pointer using:
- The CDD job
- Process Builder
- CDC is made up of two components, the CDD and the CDT. CDC is stand for Change Data Detection and CDT is stand for Change Data Transfer.
- These two components has different functionality. CDD is a scheduler which is running to call batch Apex in order to collect data change and save all those data into Change Pointer Object.
- To create change pointer, Scheduled CDD.(Integration Admin Tap -> Scheduler Tap. Then start the scheduler on an outbound section and set the time as you prefer.)
- To monitor CDD, Go to Integration Admin Tap -> CDC Tap -> Integration name -> Interface Name -> Status -> Search
- The interface could be set creating change pointer by process builder or trigger. You have to select SKYVVA API. This is the pre-requisite to create process builder.
Scheduler CDD will skip this interface if value is specified.
This part is mainly explain the process of creating the process builder in order to create change pointer records. To build process builder, you can follow the steps below:
- From Setup, enter Process Builder in the Quick Find Box, click Process Builder
- Then click New button.
- Fill in the name of the process
- Add the Object and Specify when to start the Process.
- Add the Criteria to define it for Action Group:
1. Name the Criteria
2. Choose Formula evaluate to true
3. Build Formula by insert the Function and Field then click Save .
- Add the actions to execute when the criteria are met by:
1. Select the Action Type: Apex
2. Select the Action Name: Create CP Record
3. Select Apex Class: SKYVVA Callout/Create CP. When you section it, some of dropdown list will appear for you to choose. Then click Add Row to add 2 more.
To be able to execute process builder, just click on Activate button.
3 To monitor change pointer records
You can check the change pointer records in CDC Control Board.
What is Flow
Flow is an application inside the Salesforce that automates a business process by collecting data and performing operations in your org or an external system. Flow can fetch, delete, update and create records on multiple objects. Flows in Salesforce can be implemented in two ways
- Screen Flows
- Auto-launched Flow
In this type of flow, there will be a series of screen elements to gather information from the user and perform some operation. Screen flows can be accessed from custom buttons, custom links, Visualforce Pages etc. This type of flow is implemented if a user interaction is needed in the process.
Auto-screenshot runs in the background without any user interaction. Auto-launched flows can be accessed from custom buttons, custom links, Visualforce Pages, process builder and Apex etc.
Consider a one example, an organization with name TESTXYZ PVT LTD has Accounts Object. The requirement is that Opportunity for an Account should be created automatically when a button is clicked on Account object. This can be achieved by creating a flow and accessing the flow using a custom button.
Now we will create a salesforce flow to meet the our requirement
Follow the given steps to Create Salesforce Flow:
- Go To setup-> Find flows in quick search box.
- Click on the New Flow button. The following screen will be shown.