Learning Objectives :-
After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Explain CDC feature.
- Comfortably use CDC for outbound processing.
This tutorial will exhibit how can we utilize Change Data Control (CDC) for handling data vicissitudes in Salesforce. We can customize the data changes of any sObject and sent out to the client. It fortifies an asynchronous mode to accumulate transmuted data which we call the change pointer and sent out to the client. The main difference to the streaming API of Salesforce is that data can be bulk as astronomically immense data. Furthermore customer can liberatingly schedule when the data will be sent e.g. every 5 minutes, 30 minutes etc… With this feature customer don’t require to develop such an app to amass data change and sent out to the client. Just use SKYVVA CDC.
What is Change Data Control (CDC)?
We provide a competency with CDC to record all data transmutes which we engender on any business object. It will be automatically push to your external system at any time you scheduled. In comparison to the streaming API, we can surmount the inhibition of sending changes record by record. Here we can bulk and accumulate changes to be callout in packages means that you leverage the best utilization of your Salesforce resources. Don’t perturb your online business utilizer while operation hours. Utilize CDC Scheduler to schedule data changes to be sent out at a time.
CDC is composed of two components, the CDD, and the CDT. CDC stands for Change Data Detection and CDT is stand for Change Data Transfer. These two components have different functionality. CDD is a scheduler which is running to call batch Apex in order to amass data change and preserve all those data into Change Pointer Object. CDT is another scheduler which is running to accumulate the records from the Change Pointer Object and sent to the external System such as SAP … etc. The Schedule will execute callout as a parallel of the future, queueable, batch predicated on priority, integration resource and interface group type (EO/EOIO).
CDC is used for outbound processing only. It is done by:
- Using Adapter
- Using Agent
Outbound interface can be process with different adapter to configure CDC. For example we an use SFDC2SAPPI adapter, Rest Adapter, Soap adapter. Follow the given step to process outbound interface using adapter:
Step1: Create Adapter
We are using SFDC2SAPPI adapter. To create SFDC2SAPPI adapter follow the given steps:
- Go to Adapter tab.
- Click on New Button.
- Fill the username, endpoint and password
Step2: Create Remote Sites
- From Setup, enter Remote Site Settings in the Quick Find box, then select Remote Site Settings.
- Click New Remote Site.
- Enter a descriptive term for the Remote Site Name.
- Enter the URL for the remote site.
- Optionally, enter a description of the site.
- Click Save.
Note: Remote Site URL: Paste the same link as in the Property Value that you have just created a moment ago.
Step3: Create Interface
- Create Integration.
- Create Outbound Interface: -Adapter:SFDC2SAPPI
- We have to configure CDC For an Interface.
– In order to configure CDC for an Interface We have to open and edit Interface.
– Check “Use Skyvva Outbound Scheduler” checkbox.
- Go to Interface and Scroll down the page to Runtime Configuration-outbound section.
- Specify the parameters:
LastRun is the date from where we define the changed data to be collected.
Note: “Use Skyvva Outbound Scheduler”: When this flag is checked it means CDC is activated . This flag is used to activate both CDC and CDD.
Step4: Scheduled CDD
- Open Integration Details Tab
- Go to custom Link section and click on CDC Control board
- Go to Scheduler tab.
- Start the scheduler on an outbound section and set the time as you prefer.
Step5: Monitoring CDD
- Enter Integration Details Tab
- CDC Control board Tab and apply filter on:
-> Interface Name
Step 6: Schedule CDT
- Go Integration Details Tab
- Go to Scheduler Tab
- Start the Schedule and set the minute as you wish
- Clicks on Setup -> Jobs -> Apex Jobs
- Enter Apex Jobs Monitoring to see CDT workers:
– Future/Queueable process
– Worker (Batch) Process
Step8: Check result on message monitoring Board
- Go to Integration
- Click on Messages