This tutorial explains what SKYVVA Bulk Interface Processing is and why do we need it. It describes about the configuration and it processing
1. What is SKYVVA Bulk Interface Processing?
SKYVVA Bulk Interface Processing is an interface uses for running bulk attachments. When you have many data, using Bulk Interface Processing is necessary (over 5000 records).
Before configuring Bulk Interface Processing, you have to know about the parameters:
- BULK Mode: Check this flag if you want to run interface in a bulk mode using Salesforce BULK API.
- Bulk Package Size: This parameter determine how many records is splitted into Bulk data size. If your Message contain 10.000 records and the value for this parameter is 1000 so you will get 10 bulk data set in Salesforce.
- Bulk Log Keep Size: The number of bulk execute log to be kept.
- Bulk Sch Frequency: This is the schedule time frequency for bulk scheduler on interface.
- Bulk Integrate Time Interval (minute): The interval (minutes) used for integrate bulk job scheduler. For example, if its value is 10, then the integrate bulk scheduler will be run every 10 minutes.
3. The configuration of Bulk Interface Processing
This section will be explained the configuring of Bulk Interface Processing. Assuming you are already created Integration and interface. To understand the process, please follow the steps below:
– Enter Interface page detail
– Scroll down the page to Streaming and Bulk API Configuration section and configure the parameters as:
1. Check flag on BULK Mode
2. Set Bulk Integrate Time Interval as your wish
When you check this flag, it mean you activate the bulk processing and your data will be integrate from Agent.
Note: After you done configuring the bulk processing, you can do mapping in Salesforce. You have to remember that creating, editing and deleting interface have to do in Salesforce. To create interface please check this document (How to create interface).
4 To integrate from Agent or other system
This document will show the example by integrate the data from Agent. To be integrate from Agent, you have to create adapter.
4.1 The creating of adapter
The following steps will show you how to create adapter in order to connect to Salesforce:
– Run AgentUI => Integration Wizard
– Choose the existing integration which you had created in Salesforce then select on interface
– Look for Adapter section, choose adapter type and name the adapter
– Input the folder and file name then test the Source connection
4.2. To set scheduler
When the creating adapter is done, you have to set the scheduler in order to integrate the bulk data. To set scheduler, please follow given steps:
- Click Integration Scheduling
- Select Property File Selection
- Select Integration Name
- Integration Mode>On>Run at/Run every
- Save it.
5. To monitor in Bulk Control Board
As you done integrate, your data you might want to check or monitor if all your data are successfully integrated. To monitor bulk data, please log in to Salesforce and enter Bulk Control Board. If you want to know more and how to use Bulk Control Board please kindly look for this documentation (How to use Bulk Control Board).
There are three orders to monitor bulk processing:
– Bulk Data Inbox
– Bulk Data Processing
– Bulk Monitor
5.1. Monitor in Bulk Data Inbox
When data pushed from the client using Bulk API, they will appear in this section. As you can see below, there are 5000 records are integrated from Agent. There are five attachments which you can do manual reprocessing by checkbox and click on “Process Bulk Attachment” or you can set the time and then start the scheduler in Scheduler Tab.
5.2 Set the scheduler
This section will allow you to set the scheduler and start it.
5.3. Monitor in Bulk Data Processing
Bulk Data Processing is using to store data that are processing. These data will remove after it done to Bulk Monitor section. Whenever all the attachment that store have face some problem like crashing you can use delete button to eliminate them. However, if you want to stop these attachments processing you need to go to Apex job to abort them. Otherwise, the attachment will keep on processing. You can do reprocessing by checkbox and click on “Re-Initialload” button.
5.4. Monitor in Bulk Monitor
At the same time, all the attachments will also move to “Bulk monitor“. In this section you can monitor the total records of attachments, total batch and batches that had processed. Likewise, you can also know if the attachment is completed, failed or pending.