After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe data import feature.
- Comfortably use How to import hierarchical data with xml and csv format
SKYVVA provides different processing modes and use API Dynamic Switch where incoming data goes automatically to be processed as synchronous, batch or bulk.
What Is Bulk?
SKYVVA Bulk Interface Processing is an interface uses for running bulk attachments. When you have huge amount of data i,e data >= 5000records, then we should use bulk processing to process the interface.
- When we check the flag Bulk Mode=True the check box of Don’t Persist Message will change to true automatically
- All data called with Bulk Mode=true and Bulk Version= SFDC Bulk API 2.0 or
- SFDC Bulk API 1.0 these data will push directly into salesforce database.
We should know some terms:
- BULK Mode: We have to set this flag to run our interface in bulk mode using salesforce bulk API.
- SKYVVA Bulk: SKYVVA Bulk is slow but very powerful, it allows you to do business mapping using our mapping tool and formula. Likewise, you can use SKYVVA workflow to validate the data before posting. You can use SKYVVA Bulk mode with both Bulk-processing mode, which are Parallel and Serial. The default value is Serial.
- SFDC Bulk: We support SFDC pure bulk mode in version 1.0 or 2.0 that is very fast but cannot use SKYVVA mapping tool to do business data mapping. On the other hand, SFDC Bulk require the data has to be mapped already on the sender side and doing additional mapping to enrich the business logic is not possible using SKYVVA mapping. This mode will work with both processing mode, Parallel and Serial, for version 1.0. Version 2.0, you can only use with Serial mode processing.
- Bulk Version: SKYVVA support SFDC pure bulk mode in version1.0 or version 2.0 then we have our own skyvva bulk mode. This use skyvva workflow and mapping and thus it is more powerful but slower than pure bulk API technique from salesforce.
- Bulk Processing Mode: This fields indicate two modes which is support with bulk version 1.0 and bulk version 2.0 only parallel mode is supported. So the value is depend here the selection of field bulk version. For example When we want to use ‘ serial‘ we should select bulk 1.0.
- Parallel: When you select this processing mode, it will run parallel.
- Serial: When you select this mode, it will not run at the same time.
- Bulk Package Size: This parameter determine how many records is splitted into Bulk data size. If your Message contain 10.000 records and the value for this parameter is 1000 so you will get 10 bulk data set in Salesforce.
- Bulk Monitor Keep Size: The number of bulk execute logs to be keep.
- Bulk Sch Frequency: This is the schedule time frequency for bulk scheduler on
- Bulk Integrate Time Interval (minute): The interval (minutes) used for integrate bulk job scheduler. For example, if its value is 10, then the integrate bulk scheduler will be run every 10 minutes.
Step1: We have to create one integration. Please refer our tutorial to create integration.
Step2: We have to create interface.
How to use “ real SFDC bulk mode for SAP PI“?
To generate a WSDL file for some Interfaces, we have to follow given steps:
Step 3: We have to go to our created interface detail page. We can post data from SAP or Skyvva Agent into Skyvva/Salesforce with bulk mode:
-SKYVVA Bulk 1.0
-SFDC Bulk API 1.0
-SFDC Bulk API 2.0
We can use the bulk version = None or SKYVVA Bulk 1.0 the data will be posted into bulk control board.
Step 2: We can see the result on bulk control board after post data with Agent.
We can use the bulk version = SFDC Bulk API 1.0 the data will be posted into Salesforce database directly the SFDC
Bulk API 1.0 is processed base on Bulk Processing Mode = Parallel and Serial. Default value is parallel.
With this case when user posts data from Agent successfully the user can see of transaction data processing in Bulk Data Load Jobs
SFDC Bulk API 1.0 process data with sObject Job Type= Bulk V1,
For Data and Message object process with Job Type=Bulk V2
please see screenshot below
We can use bulk version = SFDC Bulk API 2.0 the data will be posted into Salesforce database directly the SFDC Bulk API 2.0 works with Bulk Processing Mode = Parallel only (no work with Serial)
Please see screen below after posted data from Agent
All data call from Agent or other systems to the salesforce via SFDC Bulk API 1.0 and SFDC Bulk API 2.0
Always create the messages Pending, Failed, Completed,……..
Don’t Create Message Completed
Because of the SFDC Bulk API feature can work with big data so we check the flag Don’t Created Message Completed = true mean that not allow all completed messages or Idatacreate into database
- We need only one external id field for operation upsert
- External Mapping: externalid get from interface
- Not External Mapping: externalid get from skyvva mapping
-Store batch data in agent folder, root folder = interfaceId
-the batch will auto delete when job is completed