After completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
- Describe what is the conversion table.
- Comfortably use the conversion table as a mapping formula.
Conversion functions are used to convert Skyvva data elements and variables from one type to another. Here we required to convert a value from an ID to another ID. Once the conversion table is defined then the value can be read using the vlookup from SKYvva mapping.
What is conversion?
conversion refers to either implicitly or explicitly changing a value from one data type storage format to another. Conversion Table is something which system creates the active version of the table in the database and it is maintained by the user. Skyvva promotes the user to define the conversion rule using a customer setting.
Why do we need to use the conversion table as a mapping formula?
To convert a value from an ID to another ID user has to define the conversion rule using a customer setting. For example, from SAP the country code is 2 digits like DE but in Salesforce it is a full name like German. Therefore we need to convert DE to Germany. So to convert this value from DE to Germany we required this feature.
we should have a salesforce org with Skyvva product. Create integration in your organization.
How to use the conversion table as a mapping formula?
Follow the given step to use the conversion table as mapping formula:
Step1: Create custom setting in your salesforce organization.
1. Go to Setup.
2. Click on Home =>search for ‘Custom Code’ in quick find box => click on Custom Settings.
3. Click on the NEW button.
4. Click List of Setting Type field.
5. Click the New button to Create Fields
6. Click the Manage button. -> click the New button to create Data. It navigates to:
Step2: Configuration on SKYVVA IntegrationCloud
1. Create Integration
2. Create Inbound Interface
3. Do mapping
4. Add VLOOKUP formula :
VLOOKUP(CurrencySetting__c, Value__c, Name, "DE")
Note that all fields for Formula must be taken from Custom settings.
Step3: We can call data with SoapUI, Agent or Manual Load. Here we used SoapUI to call data from SoapUI to Salesforce.
1. Open SoapUI application and define data payload. Give a call to salesforce as shown in the screenshot:
2. We can check the result on the message board. Here is the result data in message monitoring after the call date from SoapUI.
3. Value is converted from DE to Germany. Here is Germany’s value in record detail that returns from DE.