This unit describes :-
- About 3 operation types Upsert Auto External ID, Update Auto External ID and Delete Auto External ID.
- And why we need these three operation types?
1. Why we need Upsert Auto External ID, Update Auto External ID and Delete Auto External ID?
We are providing “AUTO” operation to handle the problem that our customer faced. The issue was we were not able to handle the mix key(mix key means if in the account record customer provide the external Id but also the Salesforce Id)value because the user need to specify an operation for an interface e.g. UPSERT and he need to check the box “Ext Id” in the mapping. If no external Id was provide we run into an error. The solution for him was that he has to split the interface into two interfaces and provide the data clearly but not a mixed mode. One data provide only Salesforce Id and thus set the operation to UPDATE. The other data provide only external Id and thus set the operation to UPSERT.
But if we could handle this automatically from our side, customer would not need to split the interface and not needed create two interfaces.
So here we have a solution, the new implementation is about the combination of “External Id” and “Salesforce Id”. New operation Upsert/Update/Delete Auto Id creates or updates record based on Salesforce id or external fields are specify on interface. This would improve the performance because an update with a dedicated key is faster than upsert where a search has to be perform first to find the record. But if a Salesforce Id is provided directly there is no search needed .Salesforce Id is always single field e.g. the Salesforce Id where as the external Id could be 1 or more then one.
2. How to use “Upsert Auto External ID” ?
The procedure is given below:-
Create Integration –
Select Upsert Auto External ID in Operation type section. As shown in the picture given below.
- We have 2 field as External ID . Many external fields are specified on interface is combining key. As you can see in picture given below:-
- Account will be upsert/delete based on:
-Id: if salesforce id is specified in data payload then update record based on its
-External fields: ERP_DEBTOR_ID__c, ERP_DEBTOR_ID2__c is setting as on interface.
If salesforce Id is not specified or blank, then Account will upsert based on
ERP_DEBTOR_ID__c AND ERP_DEBTOR_ID2__c.
- Navigate to mapping section and map it like the picture given below
- Tick two boxes external id on Fields ERP_DEBTOR_ID__c,
- Click Save
- The result of upload data, can be seen in message monitoring as shown in picture given below. It is created by external ID.
*We have so many cases to use Upsert Auto External ID:-
- Updating Account that using new Operation Type Upsert Auto Id
- Update Account base on Salesforce Id, Other external field are not in data
3.”Delete Auto External ID” –
- We can see in the picture given below.
- We Delete record base on given salesforce Id.
- Delete record base given external fields.
4. “UpdateAuto External ID”-
- If salesforce Id is not blank, then record will update by its value. Otherwise update record by external fields setting on interface.
- We can see in picture given below how to select Update Auto External ID :-
- Update record based on specify external field on interface.
- Update record based on given salesforce Id.