An Interface is the second main object in SKYVVA after the integration. Interface describe the structure of data to exchange between Salesforce and other application. It has other property which defines the processing mode e.g. synchronous or asynchronous, batch or bulk etc.
Important attributes to be considered while creating an Interface
Name: Mandatory field based on which interface is created
Status: You should always set the status to deployment to make sure the interface activated.
Sequence: Sequence is automatically incremented as and when you create a new interface. Only 2 digits are accepted, means the max value is 99
Adapter: Select a corresponding adapter based on your requirement to connect to a legacy system or homegrown database or CSV file, let us say if you want to connect to the database, you need to select related JDBC/ODBC Adapter.
The important thing to note, the only outbound interface requires an adapter.
Source Name: Source from which messages sent or source to which messages have received.
For inbound scenario, always a sObject name for ex: Account since we are either inserting or updating the SObject in salesforce.
For outbound scenario, it could be a sobject name or IDoc-Bapi name or Database name or File name based on the requirement.
Type: It could be Inbound or Outbound based on your requirement, Inbound is generally External system to SFDC and Outbound is from SFDC to any external legacy or homegrown systems.
Operation Type: Select the operation based on the Type. If you select the Type Inbound then Operation Type could be Upsert, Update, Insert, and Delete. If you select the Type Outbound then you must select the operation type: none or upsert.
Note: Operation Type – ‘Query’ works for both directions ‘Inbound’ as well as ‘Outbound’
Connect with Middleware: Mainly used if you are connecting to any legacy system through middleware. For instance, if you want to connect to SAP through PO we can set this flag.
Mapping in SFDC: Inbound scenario, if this flag is set, an end user has the possibility to map the source and target fields in SFDC
External Mapping: If this flag is set, the mapping has done in the middleware. You should use this flag in combination with connecting with middleware. Let us say if you are connecting to SAP through PO, if this flag is set, apparently mapping have done in SAP PO.
Interface Mode: You can select the mode either synchronous or Asynchronous depending on business logic
Custom Processing: Tick this in case the business logic for integration is very complex that automatic processing is not possible to manage. In addition, it needs a custom apex class to handle this custom processing for this interface
Custom processing class: The custom processing class full name (Including namespace) in case any custom apex class is used. This class has implemented according to client business requirements.
Batch Mode: If this flag is checked, then batch processing activated and messages processed in bulk. Typically, baskets have created in SKYVVA.
Number of Records per Batch/Upload: when you are using Batch mode, here we specify the number of records to process per Batch.
- 6.1 How to create an Inbound Interface?
- 6.2 How to creating an Outbound Interface?
- 6.3 Creating and linking hierarchical interface
- 6.4 Change an Interface
- 6.5 Delete an Interface
- 6.6 Interface list
- 6.7 Ichain
- 6.8 Select value ‘None’ in the Picklist of operation type when create a new Interface
- 6.9 Interface creation screen – Need description field
- 6.10 Add new operation Auto to handle dynamic key based on Salesforce id or external id
- 6.11 Runtime Configuration-General
- 6.12 Configuration of Bulk API
- 6.13 Dynamic Manage Middleware WSDL
- 6.14 Enhance Operation Query
- 6.15 Use Query Editor in Edit mode
- 6.16 WSDL generation based on message type
- 6.17 Export Metadata
- 6.18 Process Interface manually
- 6.19 For Real synchronous call no need to create message
- 6.20 Inbound Posting Behavior
- 6.21 Handle request and response as a transaction for synchronous call
- 6.22 View chain definition in a interface as tree
- 6.23 Create Combobox on IStructure Section in interface detail page
- 6.24 “What to do with failed message” field?