Data Loader is a client app for the bulk import and export of data. With data in a comma-separated values (CSV) file, Data Loader can create, edit, or delete Salesforce records for any standard or custom object. Data Loader exports Salesforce records into CSV files. You can then edit those CSV files or use them as templates for importing data into Salesforce.
Creating of Data Loader Adapter
This is for an example of creating a new Adapter. There are many types of Adapter, now we are going to create Adapter with type as Data Loader
The following steps will let you know how to create this adapter:
- Log in to Salesforce, click on the adapter tab and select New Adapter
- Choose type as Data Loader
- For properties requirement:
- Filetype: CSV.
- SuppressNullValue: we use to allow export blank value or not.
- SuppressNullValue = True (do not export fields which have blank value).
- SuppressNullValue = False (normally export).