What is the SKYVVA Scheduler?
SKYVVA scheduler helps users to create jobs that run in the cloud by declaratively describing actions. The service then automatically schedules and runs those actions.
For example, users can call services inside and outside SKYVVA, such as calling HTTP or HTTPS endpoints, and also post messages to SKYVVA Storage queues and SKYVVA Service Bus queues or topics. The user can run jobs immediately or at a later time.
Scheduler easily supports complex schedules and advanced recurrence. Scheduler specifies when to run jobs, keeps a history of job results that users can review, and then predictably and reliably schedules workloads to run.
Other SKYVVA scheduling capabilities also use Scheduler in the background, for example, SKYVVA web jobs, which is a Web Apps feature in SKYVVA App Service. The user can manage communication for these actions by using the Scheduler Database, which helps you manage the communication for these actions.
Here are some scenarios where Scheduler can help you:
- Daily Frequency
1. Run at→ If you check this button it means you want the scheduler to run once a day but at a specific time.
2. Run every→ The scheduler will run every hour or minute depending on you who set them up. If you want to run every X hour then you have to choose Hours. However, you have to choose the starting time along with the ending time you want it to end.
- Days Of Month Frequency → The default is all day is selected. It means the scheduler will run every day. But if you want to skip one day or more you can deselect that day.
- Monthly Frequency → The function of this one is similar to the above. If you want the scheduler to skip then deselect the month you don’t want to run.
- Connection Destination→ is defined as the active connection destination.
Although you can use Scheduler to create, maintain, and run scheduled workloads, Scheduler doesn’t host the workloads or run code. The service only invokes the services or code hosted elsewhere, for example, in SKYVVA, on-premises, or with another provider. The scheduler can invoke through HTTP, HTTPS, a Storage queue, a Service Bus queue, or a Service Bus topic.
To create, schedule, manage, update, or delete jobs and job collections, you can use code, the Scheduler Database, or the SKYVVA Scheduler.
- Schedule per integration
- Schedule per-interface group
- Other: The agent log will save into the ILOG2 table that uses by the Integration log too. So Agent log entry and Integration log will save into ILOG2 table