Apsara Consutling GmbH
Carl-Zeiss-Ring 11, DE-85737 Ismaning
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our products or services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. When you establish a business relationship with APSARA, we ask you for personal information. The information we collect varies based on what you are signing up for. In some cases, we may just collect your name and email address and require that you establish a password. In other cases, we may request additional information, including, but not limited to, your telephone number, information about your business and your country of residence. The amount and type of information we collect will vary from time to time based on our business needs, but it is our goal to collect only the information that we need. We collect this information for a variety of reasons, including APSARA’s effort to inform you of upgrades, changes in service, special offers, newsletters and other products and services in which you may be interested.
- Credit Card Information. We will ask you to provide your credit card and billing information when you purchase our products on our website or order them over the phone through our corporate sales department. Where APSARA utilizes third party payment processors, your credit card information will be disclosed to such third parties in order to verify card validity and process your transaction. We will securely store credit card information where necessary to process automatic renewals of subscription products that you purchase. APSARA will notify you by email prior to expiration of your current subscription. Your subscription will be automatically renewed annually and you will be charged or invoiced unless you notify us at least 30 days prior to the renewal date that you do not wish to renew. Payment must be made on time to avoid a lapse in service.
- Marketing. We may disclose anonymous information to advertisers, business partners, sponsors or other third parties. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. The anonymous information may be used to gauge the usefulness and popularity of our web pages, or certain links to or from our website. During those times when we participate in promotions and contests in conjunction with other companies, with the intent to share personal information, we will indicate this in our contest rules.
- Contacting You. APSARA may contact you to provide you with information concerning your account, your transactions with APSARA, your use of our services, including any software updates, without your specific consent. Please be aware that by accepting any of our trial offers, you agree to receive several related follow-up emails. Unless you instruct us otherwise, APSARA may also contact you with commercial information about products, services, promotions, contests, or other activities or offerings that may be of interest to you. You may be able to otherwise indicate your desire to obtain information about a particular offering by other means (such as an email request). Additionally, with each commercial communication you receive from APSARA, you will be given the opportunity to indicate that you wish to unsubscribe from receiving such future communications.
- SKYVVA User Community. When you establish a APSARA ID, you may participate in SKYVVA community activities, such as user forums. Any information that is disclosed in these becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. APSARA may, from time to time, send email (in accordance with applicable laws) regarding our products to users who have posted to our forums. Each participant’s opinion expressed in a newsgroup is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of APSARA.
- Log Information. When you visit apsara-consulting.com, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of APSARA or our users; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the supplementary privacy notices for particular services. APSARA processes personal information on salesforce.com, our servers in Germany and other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services.
Choices for Personal Information
We do not require that you provide APSARA with personal information. The decision to provide personal information is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested, however, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. To exercise any opt out rights under applicable laws, please notify APSARA of your desire to do so at firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the following addresses. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request.
APSARA only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of APSARA in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of APSARA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to APSARA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use APSARA products and services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users‘ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is APSARA’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between APSARA and an individual.
Subsequent Owner of APSARA
Last modified: July 2015